Tuesday 9 December 2014

Get To Know...Katarina Grace Joyce

I've only just realised that when I created this blog, I didn't put much information about me on it. I didn't expect anyone to find or read it back then, so I didn't go to much trouble about telling people about me.

But, it seems people are actually interested in hearing who I really am. So today I'm going to write a post completely devoted to ME, so, be warned!

If you're new to this blog, this post is the post for you, hopefully I will answer every question you might have about me, so let's get on with this.

Hi! I'm Kat. The teen who is more than a slight bit nutty, with an obsession for Dr Who and a love of all things nerd. What else? Oh yes I can't live without chocolate, I would die without my books and I adore movies. That's me! -This is the short summary of me.

My full name is Katarina Grace Joyce, but please just call Kat, I prefer it. You can also call me Tiny, Minnie Mouse and Munchkin (I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember them at the moment).

I'm an Australian, which means that Christmas is in summer, no snow in winter and a lot's a BBQs. Australia's a great place to live, even if it does sometimes feel like you're living on another planet from everyone else. You know I once was talking to someone on the internet and when I told them I lived in Australia, they said 'Australia? Where's Australia?'

Some of my past times involve reading copious amounts of books, writing moody pieces, playing the piano and guitar and taking crazy photos. I spend like 99.9 percent of my time thinking about Doctor Who and I might just believe I'm a hobbit.

I'm a Catholic. I've got baptized when I was three. Before then my family was atheists, but got converted after hearing about St Padre Pio's story.

I learnt to read when I was really little. I think I was only five or six when I read my first book. Since then reading has been my life. If anything comes before this blog, it's my books! I'm never seen without a book in my hand.

When I was ten I became interested in writing. I haven't yet finished a novel, but I'm working towards it. My last novel was a fantasy, but I love writing all kinds of genres.

I'm the youngest in my family with two older brothers. I've kind of grown up doing my own thing, which means a lot of mistakes and mishaps. By the way, I would love an older sister, any volunteers? It can be over emails?

Anyway, I hope this helps all you new readers or just you people who would like to know a little bit more about me.

All credit for this ideas goes to Mackenzie @ think. eat. write. read. I hope you don't mind me stealing it!

-Kat

17 comments :

  1. How can people not know where Australia is?
    this post was fun for new followers like me :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's crazy, they mustn't be up on their geography:)

      Delete
  2. "You know I once was talking to someone on the internet and when I told them I lived in Australia, they said 'Australia? Where's Australia?' "
    What?! That's crazy! LMAO that's so hilarious. Sooo many of my PE (Sport, basically) teachers at school were Australian. (Some of them were from New Zealand.) At the moment, it's so cold outside that I'm a bit envious of your Christmas in the summer. It would be odd without snow, but snow in London turns to dangerous ice or brown slush anyway so... whatever man...

    Ooooh a fantasy novel! Did you write about it on this blog? What's it about?

    TRUST ME. Older sisters are not all they're cracked up to be. It's more annoying than it is fun. I do have friends who are really close with their sisters though. I enjoyed this post! Nice to (officially) meet you, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I guess you must know quite a bit about our country then.
      Christmas in summer is amazing (unless it's too hot). It's nice to be different from most people, but I've always dreamed of a white Christmas.

      I don't think I did, which is funny because I write about most novels here. It was a rewritten Cinderella (inspired by Cinder). The main character was a girl with no voice who everyone thought was cursed. The only reason her stepmother keeps her is because of she reminds her of her dead husband who insisted on looking after the girl.
      Then the main character met a handsome prince and you know the story.

      Nice to meet you too:)

      Delete
  3. *adopts you* you now have an older sister .__. xD
    It's so annoying when people don't know where your country is on the map! (and no offense, most of these clueless persons are from the States where they go like "Oh, Pakistan? Is that past California? Below Texas? No? Must be somewhere near England then")
    Good post about yourself. What's St Padre Pio's story? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I have a sister:)
      I know, but it's also very funny isn't it?
      St Padre Pio was a saint from Italy. He believed that if he wanted something hard enough God would help him. St Padre Pio was one of the saints who got the stigma. Even with all this, his fellow priest didn't trust him and they even took away his right to say confessions. St Padre Pio had a hard life, but he was one of the saints who helped the most.
      I hope this isn't too confusing. If you want to learn more about him, there's a great movie. (I think it's called St Padre Pio).

      Delete
  4. nice to know more about you kat x
    http://whenshewrites-theblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it:) I think its awesome that you live in Australia!!! That's SO cool!

    Love your blog by the way. Thanks for being awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It is cool, isn't it? (I assume you've heard of it then).

      Delete
  6. Nice introduction. (: I'm loving how blogging can bring you in contact with people who are so similar to you - from all over the world. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only American. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It's awesome isn't it? In the real world there seems to be no one like me, but online I've found so many similar people.
      I thought that about myself (except with Australia), but there are others out there, just spread very thinly. Most of my best blogging buddies are American or British which I think is amazing.

      Delete
  7. Really enjoyable read, I always like learning more about other people! If you write a novel one day, I'd love to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would be honoured to let you read it, but I can't say if it would be any good.

      Delete
  8. Ahhhh! I just love love love this blog so much.

    (Plus the fact that you live in Australia made me want to visit all over again.)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adelaide! That makes me feel so special:)

      Delete
  9. Can I be older sister #2? Yay! Now I know more!! :D

    ReplyDelete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind