Tuesday 3 March 2015

TMT #1 | So What Am I Reading?

Today for the first time EVER I'm joining with Tell Me Tuesday. It's a link up where we all get to tell everyone about the books we're reading and what we will be reading in the future. It's held by the amazing Please Feed The Bookworm and La La In The Library.
Currently I'm working my way through Jane of Lantern Hill by L.M Montgomery. It's not as famous as the Anne of Green Gables, but still amazing!





For as long as she could remember, Jane Stuart and her mother lived with her grandmother in a dreary mansion in Toronto. Jane always believed her father was dead—until she accidentally learned he was alive and well and living on Prince Edward Island. When Jane spends the summer at his cottage on Lantern Hill, doing all the wonderful things Grandmother deems unladylike, she dares to dream that there could be such a house back in Toronto...a house where she, Mother, and Father could live together without Grandmother directing their lives—a house that could be called home.






I've always been slightly iffy about Anne of Green Gables, but not so with Jane of Lantern Hill. I'm really enjoying this one. It's a nice change from those fantasy books I keep reading.

Once I've finished this book, I think I might  read The Three Musketeers.

One of my friends has been telling me I should read it for ages, so I'm finally getting around to following their advice.

So what about you? What are you reading? Is there anything you want to read in the near future? Have you read The Three Musketeers? Is it as good as everyone says?

Sometimes I feel as if my blogging life and my real life are totally different, but recently I've been realising that doesn't have to be the case. So I'm resolved to involve my real life more in my blogging one. A post is coming on this soon.
 -Kat

16 comments :

  1. I've read almost all of L.M. Montgomery's books except for that one. And yes, do do do start on the Three Musketeers! I read it in honor of my time working in that particular production. The book's plot help easing in and out, so sometimes I got lost... Well, you'll just have to read it for yourself.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation. I feel I simply must read it now:)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to TMT!! This sounds like a very cute classic, maybe I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should, you won't regret it:)

      Delete
  3. I adored Anne of Green Gables, so I would most likely love this one, too. We used to go camping every summer in Canada when I was a child, so I love books that are set there. I had never heard of this author before, so I will be checkinng her out right after I leave here. I have never read The Three Musketeers, so I cannot give you any recommendations on it. If you do end up reading it I will certainly be interested in hearing your thoughts. Right now I am reading an Adult vampire book. Thanks for TMTing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely would!
      I'd love to go to Canada after reading these books. I'm going to have to save up.

      Delete
  4. I love Jane of Lantern Hill! Out of all of L. M. Montgomery's books, that's probably my second favourite, right behind The Blue Castle. If you ever get the chance, you should try that one as well. It features slightly older characters, but it's still so amazing. Jane though, she beats Anne of Green Gables out of the park. I love her two lives, and her grumpy grandma and her dad. I used to read this book out loud to my sister actually. Man, now I want to dig out my (battered) copy and read it again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one! I'd love to get my hands on it though. I can't wait to go to the library now.
      She certainly does! Anne got annoying after a while, but that's not the case with Jane.

      Delete
  5. I've never actually heard of Jane of Lantern Hill, but it sounds like a really nice book, and the cover is so gorgeous. The Three Musketeers is another great classic, that I definitely recommend. It's not my favorite classic ever, but still a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm obsessed with hand drawn covers. There is something so intriguing about then.
      I will be reading it then!

      Delete
  6. I love this series! Jane of Lantern Hill looks wonderful; thanks for the recommendation. Montgomery is an amazing writer <3 xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book looks amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover of that is sooo nice. I'm iffy about Anne of Green Gables too. I think I read the first one a million years ago?! Meh. I can never remember. BEFORE GOODREADS. haha. If I read something pre-Goodreads I can't remember it.
    I just finished The Age of Miracles which was really really sloooow and now I'm onto The Winner's Crime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, YES, yes! Finally someone else who loves Jane of Lantern Hill. I picked it up a few years back, and I remember devouring it from cover to cover. I want to pick it up again sometime, but I still remember it being amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind