Friday 26 December 2014

Change Is Hard

Does anyone else have a certain font for their blog? Like one they use all the time? Or is it just me?

You see, it all started a while ago, when I was scrolling through a font site (always a bad idea). Then one font caught my eye:

That gave me the idea of a signature font and so for a small while I've been using it in all my blogging graphics.

But then I came across a problem. I looked back through all those graphics the other day and...they're really hard to read! When small, Everything Holiday is harder than hard to read.

So now I have a choice, should I change this font and get a new one? Keep using this one because that's what I chose? Or just give up this signature idea because it's stupid.

I've made another voting box so that we can get results!
 
 
And now, just in case we decide to get a new font, let's go and show you the options I've come up with!
 
 
Now to end this very long and boring post, let's just have...ANOTHER POLL!
 
 
 
Want to guest post? I'm still taking people. Just leave me an email: almostcompletelymad@gmail.com. Also, if you want to interview me or have me guest post on your blog over the Christmas holidays, I'd be more than happy. Just leave me a email or comment!
 -Kat

11 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try looking for a simple font. A plain one. I know it's boring but trust me. I learned it the hard way. Fancier fonts can be used for your header or logo. Simple fonts give your blog a professional look too.

      mahnoorapple.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Nice advice. Simple is very professional isn't it?
      BTW, it's great to see you around again. I missed you:)

      Delete
  2. Time flies by once you enter the world of fonts or Photoshop brushes. :D
    It's a nice idea to have a signature font..I think I'll try it :D

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm having so much fun playing around with the more crafty side of my blog. Hopefully it's looking better too:)

      Delete
  3. These are cool! I'd personally go with a simpler font, but it's up to you! I almost fell down when I saw Dalek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice!
      I know, it's so cool, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Choose one or two fonts that compliment each other. I suggest a plain font, like Arial, and then a fun or fancy font. Go with the signature! I say change the font, but make sure you like it, and test it first! (Also, I'm really loving that Poseidon font) Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! Thank you. I will have to think about this one:)

      Delete
  5. In my opinion, it's ok to have a fancier font for a signature. It's supposed to be a bit personal, like a signature on a letter, as far as I know, and goodness knows, those aren't always very readable. That being said, I'm not sure that you've found the right font in these options yet. Though you could always try making a rough signature out of a few that you like just to see which ones look good. I personally find it very difficult to visualise what a signature is going to look like in a certain font unless I actually see it. Just a couple of thoughts. Looks like you must have some amazing options to dig through though. I love these fonts, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting thinking. Hmm, I like how you're mind works!
      I think I will do that, but you're right, maybe I should keep looking. The more options I have, the better.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind