Wednesday 21 January 2015

I'm Book Crazy Again | Reviw: The Seer and the Sword



Blurb: Legend states that there exists a mighty sword that makes its possessor invincible to his enemies. But there is a curse on anyone who lifts the sword for conquest. King Kareed of Archeld goes after this sword anyway, winning it from the King of Bellandra. When he returns home from battle, he brings his daughter, Princess Torina, two special gifts. One is a unique crystal, in which she can view visions of the future. The other gift is the defeated king’s son Landen, who is to be her slave. Torina immediately releases Landen, who becomes a member of the King’s army and her close friend.

But trouble is lurking in the kingdom of Archeld and people are accusing Landen of plotting against the King. Torina refuses to believe he would hurt her family. Then Torina begins seeing deadly visions in her crystal. Can she save her father’s life and the future of her kingdom?
via Goodreads

Romance: 4 out of 5 | It's a romance for goodness sake, but honestly, nothing too bad.

Violence:  4 out of 5 | There is lot's of fighting. Everyone fights, but it's all good. Nothing that you'd want to cover people's eyes for!

Language: 1 out of 5 |  I can't remember any, but some might have slipped passed. The worst would have been very light.

Age: 8+ | Great for most ages.

Rating: 5 out of 5 | I love this book!

My Thoughts: This book was thrilling and awe-inspiring. The characters were great, you could feel them and understand what they thought and felt.

I was smiling the whole way through this book. I am definitely going to read this one again!

Thanks for the recommendation on your blog Imogen. I really enjoyed this book!
So, I'm thinking about posting more book reviews over on this blog. If you like that idea, please tell me and I'll make sure to do it. Thanks for reading.
 -Kat

6 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you gave this book a try, and I'm ever so excited to see that you loved it too. It's one of my favourite books of all time. It's always great to see other people reading it and enjoying it too. It's a pretty good romance, isn't it? Normally I feel really awkward when reading romances, but this book doesn't have that affect on me at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I'd love to see more reviews from you in the future.

      Delete
    2. It is! I kind of feel weird reading romances. Either like I'm intruding or that they're writing it wrong or that it's soppy. The Seer and the Sword was none of these thing. It was amazing:)

      Delete
  2. This looks cool. I'm adding it to my want-to-reads on Goodreads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunburnt country - Public health campaigners have long pushed to promote awareness of the dangers of exposure to the sun, Timberland Sale urging people to wear sunscreen, hats and sunglasses. They have also warned that tanning on a sunbed is not safe. "Queensland already has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world and there is no question there's a direct link between Timberland Outlet online regular sunbed use and the incidence of malignant melanoma," the state's interim Health Minister Mark McArdle told Australian Associated Press.

    ReplyDelete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind