Friday 23 January 2015

The Fairy's Plea

via
The wind howled around us. The screams of the fairies filling our ears, chilling us to the bone. We’d never heard a sound like it.
 
Clutching each other, we crouched together, too terrified to move. The stories we’d been told our whole lives filled our ears, telling us there was no hope left, we’d be dead by morning.
 
Shivering, I grabbed the hilt of my sword, wondering if it’d do anything to help me if the fairies attacked. I didn’t want to find out. I silently prayed to god. Let me live!
 
Suddenly the roar of the fairies got louder. It was so loud my ears felt like they would burst. I drew my weapon, knowing it was no use.
 
My eyes went wide as a fairy appeared in front of me. I remembered how I’d always wanted to see a fairy, but that was before all this. Now seeing it was my worst nightmare.
 
All around us, the fairies gathered, a complete circle around us. Pushing us even closer together. They didn’t say or do anything these, they just watched us.
 
Forcing myself to look up at them, I got a shock. Sadness and sorrow was all over their pretty faces. I felt confused. I didn’t know what to think. The only thing I knew was that everything I’d been told was wrong!
 
“Help!” the fairy closest to me pleaded, a plea I couldn’t resist. Against better judgement, I stood up, “What can I do?” I asked, ignoring my companions’ aghast cries, and entering something I had no idea what was. It was the start of something strange, wonderful and terrifying, but I had no idea.
 
 I know this is like super crazy and stupid, but I wrote it up late last night when I couldn't sleep. In the morning when I looked back on it, I thought it was kinda cool, so I decided to publish it. It's very different from any bit of writing I've ever shared here before, but I hope you like it! BTW, the name is just a working one. If anyone has a better name for it, please tell me.
 -Kat

21 comments :

  1. Beautiful. It leaves the reader to imagine quite a bit, which can often be the most fun part of reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it. It's very different from what I normally write, so I wasn't sure.

      Delete
  2. Whoa, that sounds so cool! It does let you kind of speculate what occurred to the narrator before this particular scene, but well done! I'm impressed!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've been wondering about that myself. I kind of wanted to create the feeling it was the middle of a story, but yet the start at the same time.

      Delete
  3. This was really cool :)
    The name is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was really cool! I would love to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe I'll write what comes next

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! This means more to me anything you could have said:)

      Delete
  6. This is really cool, Kat! :) You are such an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just beautiful! I love your current title :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure if it sounded right, had the right ring to it, but this makes me feel much better

      Delete
  8. This is gorgeous, I really like it. (:

    Lorraine from Laurel Crowned

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is WAY better than anything I have ever read. Amazing! Wow! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is so beautiful! I would love to know what happens next! This is really good. :)

    ReplyDelete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind