Thursday 1 January 2015

Welcome 2015 | A Glimps Into What We Do



Welcome new year, welcome new goals, welcome a new chance to get it right!

For me, January is all about trying again, starting over, wiping the slate clean and starting over again. Yes I made plenty of mistakes in 2014, but it's time to move on and try again. Start again!

Today I decided that I'd share a few of me and my family's New Year traditions.

Going to confession on New Year's eve. As you properly know, I'm a Catholic, so for me it's seems only fitting to go and confess my sins on the eve of the new so I can start the new year with a clean soul!

Going to Mass of New Year's day. This is another thing that's religion related. For me there is nothing better than getting up early New Year's morning and heading off to Mass to start the new year.

Having a feast! What's better than a day full of eating. In our house New Year's day is a huge celebration. So we make sure to spend the day relaxing and eat dinner together in the evening.

Sharing a movie together. I don't know when we started this habit, but for as many years as I can remember, we've bought a movie to watch together in the evening of New Year's day. There isn't really a theme to what we watch, it just has to be something we've never seen before.

Those are just as few of our traditions, what are yours? Do you do any of these things?

Is it just me, or is New Year's Day one of the most magical days of the year? It seems to spell out new hope and good luck. I can't wait to see what this new year of blogging will bring!

-Kat

12 comments :

  1. Those are all amazing traditions. We normally go to mass on New Year's Day in my family too, but a lot of us, myself included, have been sick, so only a few people got to go this year. January is almost a magical month, isn't it? We've got the whole year ahead to have fun, make mistakes and be ourselves. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoy them.
      Aww, I've actually got a cold at the moment myself. But it hasn't stopped all the Christmas and New Year fun. I hope you get better soon!
      If I had to pick a favourite month, January might just be it. There is nothing better than starting over. The fresh feeling you get. To know you're forgiven and can try again.
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. It's interesting to think of family traditions, Kat! I've actually never thought of them before. We've always had a New Years party, where we have a big potluck with homemade food, and blow up a box of fireworks-- it's the first year we've broken it~

    Vanshi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, a New Years party! That's sounds like fun. I wish I could see that.
      I hope you have a great day:) Happy New Year Vanshi!

      Delete
  3. Interesting traditions. :) Watching movies is definitely something we do during holidays too. No great plans, and we actually just treat it as just an ordinary family day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't watch many movies during most of the year, but then at Christmas we make up for it by watching more than enough!

      Delete
  4. My family is Catholic too, but we usually don't go to confession or mass on New Year's Eve or Day (but in several hours we are going to mass). But binge watching movies or TV shows is a must for my family-- or my brother and I, at least. We go on out and watch whatever we can find-- NBA basketball, Once Upon a Time, Dreamworks and Disney movies, I hope you have a blessed and happy New Year filled with pportunities!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, another Catholic. Sometime it feel like I'm the only one around!
      That sounds amazing! It's kind of the same with my brother. We're really close and always sharing our movies together as well! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh I'm Catholic too!!!!!! I couldn't go to mass today because I'm really sick XP HAPPY NEW YEARS XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the year for getting sick over Christmas. I'm sick, you're sick, and plenty of other friends are as well. Which is funny because I'm in summer at the moment. I shouldn't be ill!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I LIKE your traditions! Near years do seem kind of magical, right?! And cool! My family doesn't have any traditions, as such, but we usually head out to the beach or something. It's always stinking hot here.
    I approve of your tradition of just eating a lot. I LIKE THAT TRADITION. My family needs start it. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! New Year is one of the best times of the year, isn't it?
      Ohh, going to the best sounds nice. It's really hot here as well, but sadly we don't have a beach close enough to just pop down to it.

      Delete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind