Saturday 25 October 2014

Is Your Faith Something to Hide or Be Proud of?

via
Do you ever think that no one really wants to talk about their religion. It's something that people seem to be really afraid to talk about. They're afraid of being judged for it.

I've always admired those people who go straight out and talk about their faith. The ones who don't care what people think. Those are the people I look up to.

And yet I've never even admitted what my religion is. I've never spoken about it. I seem to have this unspoken thing where I'm too afraid I will loose readers if they hear what I am, what I believe.

This is silly. If people leave because of my faith, then they're not worth having. But it still hurts when they do leave, so we don't say anything. Just saying that they're not worth it doesn't make it any easier.

Today, I being brave. I'm going to be brave an admit what religion is. I don't want to keep secrets. It's not really worth it. My religion is something that I want to be proud of, not hide.

Anyway, my religion is...Catholic. I'm proud to be as well. My religion is part of me and it feel good and right to tell everyone about.

So don't care about what other people think. Let's them be shocked. It's none of their business. Be proud of who you are and what you are.

From now on, I'm going to freely admit being Catholic. I'm going to post about it whenever I feel like it. Instead of hiding and telling myself that no one wants to hear about it.

So what religion are you? Do you feel proud to tell everyone about it?

-Kat

12 comments :

  1. I agree with you one-hundred percent!
    When I meet people in church, not afraid to pray aloud or talk about God, I find that I admire them.
    I'm Christian :)
    And very proud of it!

    being-hidden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I find it's hard to tell people other than other Catholics all about my faith!

      Delete
  2. I think what you said up there is brave and right. <3
    I'm a Christian. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Muslim and even if I don't judge people, everyone will judge me. They'll think I'm being forced to wear my hijab and I'm being oppressed at home and they'll ask everyone about my religion -except me- because they want to portray Islam in a bad light. But I'm proud to be Muslim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much about Muslims, but I do admire how they wear their hijabs everywhere, unafraid to show their faith. I'm glad you're proud of you're faith!

      Delete
  4. I'm a Catholic and proud! (And now I feel like I should join the X-Men). I totally understand the whole being afraid to talk about your religion thing. People think I'm weird for not going to places where I can't get to mass on Sunday because then they think that Catholics are goody goodies. I I'm not afraid to talk about it with other Catholics, or if people ask about it, but I do worry about making people uncomfortable, because I never know how other people think of religion. And honestly, I'd hate to be mocked for my faith. I really admire those people like you who are brave enough to stand up and openly talk about their faith. I'm not that brave yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There always is that thing about making people uncomfortable. I feel afraid of doing that. That's one of the reasons I'm not more open about my faith. I hope to one day be brave enough just to go and talk about it!

      Delete
  5. Hey, I'm Catholic too! I like people who are open about their faith, you feel like you know them better for being able to express themselves :)
    Beth <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's like you've got something to share with each other then:)

      Delete
  6. I totally understand what you mean when you say you're scared of being judges, scared of losing people just because you believe in something. I'm an atheist, and I feel that when I say this I'm offending a bunch of people but that's just how I am.

    I like when people are open about their religion: I know very little people (if any) who would judge you negatively for doing this.

    I must be quite honest and say that it does really annoy me when people say that their religion is the best or when they argue that other religions aren't real or that their God is the only God...that's nonsense. Just let people believe in what they want to believe and stop being so d*mn critical, mean and totalitarian about it. No faith is better than the other.

    Xox Yasmine @ Cloudy Dreams @ YesCat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did loose a few of my followers talking about my faith, but if they can't put up with who I am then so what?
      I understand being atheist. I'm not at all offended.
      It annoys me as well when people go and say, my faith is the best, back off and stay off. Even if they're other Catholics, they offend me. They don't understand what it is to be a true Catholic then. They're just going against what they're trying to say is right.
      Sorry that got really mixed up and weird. Sorry about that!

      Delete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind