Tuesday 7 October 2014

Meet My Characters

A little while ago, I finished the first draft of my novel, you know what that means! Time to plan a brand new one:) I'm really getting into the planning now.

I decided that today I would post about the characters that's going to be in my novel.

Before we go any farther though, let me tell you a little bit about my novel so you understand the characters a bit better.

Summary:

Heartfelt is an orphanage where kids and teens with powers are taken so they can't harm the world. When Charity is brought in, she immediately starts making plans to escape. Then one day Mr Dave Hardly comes for her and other orphans, telling them they're the only people who can save the world.

Sorry terrible summary. I'm still working on it. Now, onto the characters.

Main Characters first:

Charity:

via

Age: 16

Charity is a caring girl who doesn't understand the world very well. After a terrible accident with her power (super strength) she's been really careful and withdrawn. She is terrified of making a mistake.

Lucky:

via

Age: 17

Lucky with her uncanny ability to go unnoticed, likes nothing better than teasing people. She is always cracking jokes and laughing around. But deep down she is suffering.

Rani:

via

Age: 15

Rani is the best tech person around. She knows everything there is to know about it. She is the youngest of the three. After being abandoned as a baby, she developed x-ray vision which helped her serve until the orphanage picked her up.

Other orphans:

Jessie:

via
Age: 10

Jessie is different from the others. She was born at the orphanage. No one knows who her mother was. It doesn't bother Jessie though, what does bother her is the flashes of the future she keeps getting.

Tom:

via

Age: 12

Tom's power is flight. Besides zooming around annoying everyone, he's really fun. He's always up for a game. He doesn't really care about what happens, so long as he's happy.

Louis:

via

Age: 16

Louis lost all hearing when he was around six. Since then he has taken to being on his own. He prefers the cold, probably comes from his ice powers.

Will:

via

Age: 15

Brother to Kelly, Will is a mind reader. Some of the things he hears makes him a bit odd. The power of reading people's minds is something that no one should have, yet Will make's the most of it. It help's with his thieving.

Kelly:

via

Age: 14

She's is a shape shifter. Quite often she looses control of her magic. She once went down to breakfast as a goblin and scared her mum to death. But what people don't know is that it has given her a glimpse into the thinking and what it's like to be what she changed into.

Anne:

via

Age: 7

Anne has no memories, she doesn't even no what her power is. She just found herself at the orphanage. Everyone is determined to find out who she is, but she's afraid to know who the real her is.

I hoped you enjoyed this. I am loving these characters. They're so exciting and each has an exciting backstory or secret.

I challenge you all to write a post about your characters or even just one character this week!

-Kat

15 comments :

  1. I can already see loads of presonality in your characters. I can't wait to read your book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mahnoor! I can't wait to share it.

      Delete
  2. This looks like a really good idea. I think I'll do this too *-*
    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see it.

      Delete
  3. Ah! I can't wait for your book! I love how you did this, trying this.
    Blog on // June

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love these characters. They all sound amazing! I especially like the fact that Charity is afraid of using her super strength. I'm always afraid of using that power because it's /too/ powerful for me. I find it hard to make the person weak in other ways. Oh I so want to read this book now. Hurry up and finish it so I can meet all these wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I was not sure about giving Charity super strength, I didn't know if I could handle it, but I'm glad now I did.

      Delete
  5. I need to read this book. Now. :) It sounds really interesting; I hope you will post a chapter or two for us to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will. I'm glad that everyone's interested in it.

      Delete
  6. This is so creative! :) I love how it is a visual representation of your story, and it really gets the readers excited to read it :)
    In fact, I saw these pictures on your pinterest board, and at first I was really confused! I wondered why you were pinning pictures of people! :)
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Hahaha. I don't normally, unless for a blog post. But when writing I just need a little help imagining my characters:)

      Delete
  7. This is really cool!
    Sounds like you're writing a very interesting story!

    being-hidden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind