Sunday 19 October 2014

The Fear of a Chase

via
I run. Looking over my shoulder as I go. Is he still following me? Is it safe to stop? I can't afford to get caught. My mum needs me.

I pick up the speed. My breath is coming in pants. My sides are heaving. I'm exhausted, but something keeps me running. Perhaps it's fear.

I round a bend. I've twisted my ankle. I feel like crying. I try to pull myself back onto my feet.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn painfully. My heart is in my mouth. Is it him? Has he found me?

A giggle exscapes my mouth. It's only Sally, her grin telling me that's it all ok. I'm fine. I've lost him, or was it all in my mind?

Sorry this is rough. It's kinda a new style of writing.
-Kat

7 comments :

  1. This is a great piece of writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep, enticing, I want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Oakstar.
    I need to read more, Kat!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I think you did a phenomenal job considering this is a new style of writing for you!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. I wasn't too sure about sharing it!

      Delete

If posts are the brain of a blog...then comments are it's heart - Neal Kind